Tuesday, November 9, 2010

It has almost been 9 months since we learned that our Sweet Baby Evangaline had passed away. I've been thinking alot about her the last few days. I learned last week that a friend lost her little baby girl too. She was 17 weeks pregnant just like I was. I have been feeling for her and her little family wishing they were not having to experience this, the loss of their much anticipated little one. I have been re-living those first few days in hopes to remember things I learned and that would help her. I feel so blessed for my Wonderful Doctor who was so understanding and compassionate. I am thankful for gentle Nursing Staff who helped during and after delivery. I am thankful for an understanding Funeral Home helper. I am thankful for a Ward Family that pulled together to help with meals and visits and flowers and a beautiful casket. I am thankful for Dear Friends who shared their personal experiences in loss and what helped them. I am thankful for family that sacrificed much to be at our side. I am thankful for my Three Sons who are so innocent and hopeful. And for my Awesome Husband, whom I'm depend on so greatly. And most of all I am thankful for an Eternal Family. Thankful for a kind Heavenly Father who is all knowing. For an older brother, Jesus Christ, our Saviour who provided us a way to return to our Fathers presence and be reunited with our Precious Evangaline one day. And for the glorious gift of the Holy Ghost to be a constant companion and a source of great comfort. While I don't understand all the answers to my "Why" questions I know she is where she needs to be. My heart aches to be near her, but I just have to be patient. Not one of my strong suits. I love you Eve!

3 comments:

Shana Hamblin said...

I talked with your Mom about the information and help you are giving to other women that have lost. I think that is a wonderful cause. Love Ya.

Hatch Clan said...

Summer, what a great testamony! Someday there will be such a wonderful reunion. We are so glad that you are helping other women who have lost a little on. You will be a great help to them.
Love to all!

Teija said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and testimony to strengthen the rest of us! Love ya!