Thursday, December 23, 2010

Super Sexy Tank Top..

Heparin for a clotting disorder...
As most people I really dislike needles.
So needing to do 2 injections a day from
week 8 of pregnancy till the day before
C-Section is not so pleasant. With 215 done
and 238 injections to go you'd think that I
would be totally used to them by now.
NOT SO! Luke has been a wonderful nurse
as I am to scared to administer said needles myself.
For the first couple months they would leave the
injection site terribly bruised with lumps.
Now not as much severe bruising but the lumps
remain and it hurts like a Banshee when injected.
Maybe I am just a baby, but holy crap!
Then I developed a little heart issue. Racing heart,
so I am currently hooked up to this beauty...
A holter monitor which is left on for 24 hours
to monitor my heart. I have to journal all my
actions during the testing to help they try to
discern what the problem is. The best part besides
the fantastic tape stuck all over my chest ,
the fancy belt unit, and the wires all over is
the Super SEXY mesh "tank top" I get to wear
to hold everything together. I is reminiscent of the
fancy underwear we women get to wear after
we have our babies. Hope to get some
answers after this. the consolation is the
rambunctious little monkey in my tummy
that reminds me what
I am doing all this" stuff" for.
Can't wait to meet this little guy
and reap my rewards :)

2 comments:

Jody said...

So summer I have one of those fine clotting disorders too. I get to enjoy injections while im pregnant too. So sorry you have to do it glad your on the countdown though! But it is always a great thing to feel those little babys kicking inside! So sorry about the halter monitor that stinks! Have a merry Christmas though! Love ya and hang in there
Jody

Shana Hamblin said...

When You named this super sexy halter top I was wondering if you got a car or something. Hopefully your heart will start acting right. You need to have a HUMP day when you are half way through the injections! Like a mission. This is your mission! LOVE YA